An international group of producers gathers with peers for 4 days in Brussels during Kunstenfestivaldesarts.
A learning lab for international producers.
The Producers' Academy is a dedicated time to reflect, think, co-learn, encounter, and question the practice of the producer. With open minds and open hearts, integrity and fun, this four day workshop delves into the current urgencies and issues around producing work and being a producer.
With approaches that are sometimes experimental (have you heard of the fairy purse?) or deeply technical (art(ists) still need(s) to cross borders), we aim to explore how we can practice values of cooperation and collaboration, care and solidarity, empowerment and enjoyment, tackling the questions of (self)care, fair practices, transnational practices, as well as the nitty gritty of producing performing arts, playing with budgets, and maybe reinventing one-self.
The different subjects will be explored while talking, listening, walking or playing, using the expertise of inspirational guests and the knowledge within the room.
This year guests will include Bek Berger, Katrien Reist and others...
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
The Producers’ Academy is open to:
- People from all nationalities
- People who have at least five years of experience as a producer* in the performing arts sector**
- Producers/cultural entrepreneurs who have developed or are in the process of developing innovative way(s) to support creation in an international dimension and/or with a trans-sectorial approach (decolonisation, feminism, fair practices, climate change, accessibility etc.)
- The event will be held exclusively in English. Therefore, participants need to be able to understand, communicate and work in English.
* Producer: supervises, supports, follows an artist or a collective/company
** Performing arts: are excluded from this definition opera- and music-only related projects
If you have any question regarding your eligibility, please get in touch with Beth Gordon: email@example.com
Applications will have to be submitted to Cifas until 6th March 2023 - 17:00 CET, including:
- A CV in English (maximum 2 pages including a short 5 lines' biography).
- A note relating your experience, reflections and questions as a producer as well as your expectations from the Producers’ Academy (in English) (maximum 2 pages).
The applicants will be informed of their selection during the second week of March 2023.
Participation is free of charge (full programme + lunches during the four days + 2 performances).
We do not take in charge travel and accommodation costs*.
* Travel support can be considered on an exceptional basis, see below.
* We can send official invitation letters to those who wish to activate ways to support their participation costs. Our partner On the Move can provide advice and guidance about available mobility support programmes for selected participants.
Cifas will offer 3 grants (travel and/or accommodation) to support producers from countries where little or no financial support is available for international mobility. To apply for a grant, please send a short motivation in the application form below.
For more info about other international mobilty funding, please refer to the funding guides published by On The Move.
The Producers' Academy is organised with the support of Wallonie-Bruxelles International.
Deadline for applications : 6th March 2023 - 17:00 CET
9:30 > 18:00 + 2 evening performances.
Attendance is required during the whole programme.